Award Given to Mr. Gene Little (Founder of Little Tyke Creative Child Care, Inc.), from the Texas Licensed Child Care Association.
The Texas Licensed Child Care Association recognized Mr. Gene Little on November 16, 2013 at the Park Cities Holiday Inn in Dallas Texas. He was awarded for his years of dedication and service to children and the child care industry, for his wisdom and guidance to the association. He and his wife Jean have played a meaningful part in children’s lives since 1968. Mr. Little first got involved with TLCCA in 1972 and is considered as one of the founding fathers of the organization. He was also actively involved and the president of the National Child Care Association for many years as well.
Gene and Jean’s History of Service:
- Gene Little has a BS Ed. & Master’s Degree Education (MED)
- Gene got his childcare license in 1968.
- Gene & his wife Jean joined TLCCA of Ft. Worth in 1972.
- Jean & Gene represented Ft. Worth on the state board in 1973.
- Gene served two terms as President of the Ft. Worth TLCCA.
- Jean also served two terms as President of the Ft. Worth TLCCA.
- Gene & Jean assisted start up Nation Child Care Association and Gene represented Texas on NCCA Board.
- Gene was Chairman of Accreditation committee for NCCA Board.
- Gene was the first three term National President.
- Jean & Gene served on Childcare Advisory Committee for Texas D.P.R.S.
- Jean & Gene served on numerous committees for Texas D.P.R.S.
- Jean helped write NCCA original accreditation program and served as an evaluator for the program.
- Jean served as president and executive director for TLCCA, which operated out of the Little Tyke office to conserve funds.
- Jean was president of TLCCA when the P.A.C. (Professional Administrative Credential) was written, approved and implemented.
Gene and Jean have always believed that reasonable yet enforceable childcare regulations were necessary.Keeping requirements affordable so that children could remain in licensed, inspected care was a constant challenge. This challenge remains a concern of TLCCA today.
We want to thank Mr. and Mrs. Little for their true devotion to the children of Texas over the years.
Thank you Mr. Little!