Ignite wonder with Tykersmart Curriculum for Pre-K! Our students are nurtured by cherished traditions and challenged by advanced innovation. Our hand crafted, comprehensive curriculum, Tykersmart™ is systematically aligned with the curriculum standards that are set forth by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). Tykersmart™ is constructed around these common core components: language and early literacy, math, science, health and safety, social studies, approaches to learning, creative expression/ fine arts, personal and social development, and physical development.
- Develops essential readiness skills through play and investigation.
- Connects families with tools to transform everyday routines into learning opportunities.
- Promotes best practices, provides a detailed concept web, and simplifies lesson planning.
The objectives listed below are a sample of the range addressed in Pre-Kindergarten:
- Initiates and responds in conversations and discussions
- Spoken sentences increase in length and grammatical complexity
- Connects own life with related events in books
- Progresses from using letter-like symbols to writing familiar words
- Duplicates and extends simple patterns
- Combines, separates, and names “how many” objects
- Discusses common properties, differences, and comparisons of objects
- Makes predictions and explanations based on past experiences
Creative Expression / Fine Arts
- Creates more detailed drawings, paintings, and other artwork
- Moves in time to different music rhythms
Social Emotional Development
- Gains knowledge of people in the community
- Takes turns in games and using materials
- Demonstrates awareness and appreciation of their own culture and other cultures
- Knowledge of the relationship between people, places, and regions
- Gains interest and awareness about a wide variety of careers and work environments
Approaches to Learning
- Eagerness to engage in play as a means of exploration and learning
- Increases ability to approach tasks, activities and problems with creativity, imagination and/or willingness to try new experiences or activities
- Demonstrates persistence, promotes curiosity, interest, and willingness in learning new things and having new experiences
- Learning to use their senses to assist and guide learning(Sensory)
- Demonstrate coordination and control of large muscles(Gross Motor)
- Grows in dexterity in using pencils, markers, and paintbrushes(Fine Motor)
Personal Health and Safety
- Engages in a variety of physical fitness activities(Physical Fitness)
- Demonstrates personal care and hygiene(Physical Health and Well Being)
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of healthy habits(Physical Health and Well Being)
- Demonstrates awareness of safety rules(Safety)
Our Trademarked, Comprehensive Curriculum “TykerSmart” surpasses the curriculum standards that are set forth by the Texas Education Agency (T.E.A.).